Tuesday, August 26, 2008

T Dot...dot...dot...

I have arrived.

Random Thoughts...

I have traveled through so many cities as a visitor, knowing that my footprints would so soon be eroded by the hoards of folk whose paths would cross my own. But here, I realize that I am simply taking the first step of my just like it. The new subway route, that I will eventually sleepwalk through, finding the classroom that will become a second home, the new city that will become my own. I live here now, I dream here now, I happen here now... how strange it is.

I cried when I saw the first building that displayed "Ryerson" on the side of it, an iron affirmation that I had indeed made it..got in..stayed in...traveled..arrived...enrolled and now this is the vessel that will move me forward, and I couldn't be more happy that I have made it aboard.

And I am nervous beyond belief, nervous about independance, nervous about school, about really making this happen for myself. I am so sad, neausously sad, achingly sad to have left my nest, home, mom, family, friends, co-workers, students, loves, cafes, restraunts, Westcoast downpours, mountains, the sea bus, the sky train...and...and...

BUT

I realize that today is the first day of the rest of my life. For so long I have been dreaming, scheming of what the future holds for me but now I must leap, and reach for all the dreams that I have dreamed up.

I knid of like it here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to do great things, B. Just know that a lot of people believe in you and are with you in heart every step of the way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin