Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Obsession

Spices have always proven to be an organizational problem in my house. The only favourable solution to spice storage was one developed by a close family friend and interior designer who installed an insert into what was to become a 'spice drawer' in her home. As this was not an option for me, I have been forced to search out the perfect solution to my spice woes. 


Stealing a page out a from a friend's book who used old small jam jars to store her spices, I headed to Home Hardware and purchased two sizes of mason jars to store my growing s
pice collection. The end result is well-sealed spice storage that is easily accessible by spoon or hand (for those moments when Jamie Oliver calls for a pinch of this or that). 

The labels were made from heavy card-stock, handwriting done by yours truly with a Steadler Brush Tip felt and invisible Scotch-tape (this way they can easily be peeled and re-labeled). 

Here are some other great Mason Jar ideas that I've come across since my new-found obsession. 

To the right are the light fixtures in the soon to open Sam James Coffee Bar, just down the street from my new place. 

Below to the left are some of the Mason-Jar displays put together by the geniuses behind the window displays at Anthropologie. 





So many pretty jars, so little time!! More jar-rific ideas to come!!

♥ B



1 comment:

Other Oriented said...

My mom just left me a bunch of spices wrapped in little pieces of foil, so this might be a solution ...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin