Saturday, April 05, 2008

Adieu


Dear Vancouver,
I will never tire of your views. Watching the back allies of Gastown grow nearer and nearer on the sea buss will whet my appetite for your streets forever. My westcoast princess, watching the september sun reveal the intricacy of your peaks, bathing in your emerald green waters and searching for cafes amidst your city streets will draw me back time and time again. No, Vancouver, our love affair is far from over. You will always be my metropolitan portal to the wild, my dewed oasis and my home.
But my dearest, things have to change, we cannot move forward the same that we have . I feel caught and stiffed in your smallness, a quaint city no more, I feel held within your perimeters. And now to grow I must outgrow your city limits and move east. Search for a new spaces, places and faces to fertilize the next growth spurt.
My dear, lets make the most of these final moments. I want to see you in your element, be it rain, sun, wind or snow I want to experience the best of you. Let us make lasting memories so that when we part your brilliance will shine so bright in my memory I will be forced to return to you.
love
Barb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Journalism is your fortee. Your poetry brings a mist to my eyes!

Barbora said...

thanks Julie!! Your words are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin