Monday, September 15, 2008

Shoot the moon...


Today this Craigslist posting inspired me...


In recent relationships I have often become frustrated by people's adverse reactions to my optimism. I suppose that I could consider myself to be a glass half full kind of girl, a dreamer and someone who really believes in manifestation. I have always figured that I can't get what I want if I don't know what it is.


And its true, sometimes I go out and quiz jewellery salesmen at Tiffany's, sussing out my perfect engagement ring, while being single and a good decade before even considering engagement. Which I admit, is a little extreme, silly and earns nothing but resentment from the diamond sales folk,but hey... one can dream right? After all, I should know early whether 1.5 carats would be enough or if 2 is nessecary....(jokes...kind of)


I've always been picky in life. If I go out and I want champagne and they aren't serving it, I won't drink, simple as that. With inclinations as anal as that, I figure if I plan to be successful and satisfied, I need to do just that: plan it.


That means I dream big with wild abandon. I believe in manifestation, the "Secret", law of attraction whatever you want to call it, I truly believe it works. I think that our successes start as small seeds, little notions of directions we'd like to see ourselves travel in, destinations that we would like to arrive at. And the more you know about where you want to end up the more easily you can take the appropriate path (scenic, less travelled, direct or even short cut) to get there.


Now that's not to say that I think you an sit on a roach infested couch, close you eyes and "visualize yourself in your BRAND NEW CAR!!" a-la-Rhonda Burns' Secret and it will happen. You need to put other wheels into motion, there are other laws in the universe too...the law of action being a big important one. You need to get up off that couch find a job and get on your way to that car, but that process starts with some kind of dream, some desire to act within oneself. So, it's important to dream, to have clear ideas of the things you want in life and love (and diamonds).

And really...
the bigger the dream, the better the results.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin